Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The places I used to call home

I was browsing through the net and I found this blog, An Angel at My Table, by a Swedish girl who posted lot of nice pictures of corners at random houses and utilities. It reminds me alot of the houses that I used to live in when I was in Melbourne. This kitchen reminds me of our kitchen back in the boarding house at Fawkner. It has an L-shape kitchen set cupboards with another cupboard in front of it that has a serving table just like in the picture. On a good day, that is when our supervisor is in a good mood and she felt that we’re behaving nicely, she will make us pancake for our Sunday breakfast. The girls would gather in the kitchen and some would try their skills at making pancake.

The wooden floor reminds me of Ibu Rasmi’s house at Camberwell where I stayed during my final year of High School. During the summer, the kitchen will be so blindingly bright because of the whole kitchen was covered by glass so the sun light will directly shower the whole room.

This black and white checkered tile reminds me of the floor on my apartment in Armadale. A simple 2 bedrooms apartment with a minimalist decor but felt really like a place of my own.

And all of this reminds me of her, the bubbly girl that I lived at all of these houses with. She's going to be a mom soon, we're becoming mommies now.

No comments: