Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 26, 2007

Coffee makes me happy

There’s no other better way to start you Monday morning than a perfect cup of coffee.

I leave home earlier than the usual cause my Dad need to be in his office before 8, therefore I had spare time before I need to clock-in to the office. So I decided to go to Starbucks Melawai, I wasn’t sure they were already open at 8 – this is Jakarta, mind you! Surprisingly, they started brewing as early as 7, if you’re being nice they might let you have your coffee couple of minutes before 7!


By 8.15 I was already in my desk at the office spooning the foam from my dry non-fat cappuccino with extra caramel sauce and eating my chocolate croissant. This is good. Life is good from this point of view. Why do I stop taking coffee in the morning? It makes me happy and helps my brain connect all it wires together. During my Uni years, I could not passed the HQ coffee stall on the Melb Central train platform without even parted with my $3.50 for a cup of Hazelnut Latte. I even made friends with the Barista (which makes delicious coffee), turned out he was doing engineering in my university! And I collect all those little swirl stamps so that by the 10th stamps I will get my Tall Latte for free.

Oh rite I just remembered now why I stop buying coffee in the morning, there’s hardly any decent coffee shop that serve coffee early in the morning (except for Starbucks) and conveniently placed within walk distance of my office. Besides, the price a cup of coffee in Starbucks is a killer, with the price of 30k+ a cup, if I keep it up daily, I could be a millionaire by the time I was 50 (okay I’m exaggerating!).

Nevertheless, I started this week in a good foamy way

No comments: