Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Her first trip


I’ve wanted to take Raysa to see my Grandmas and Grandpas in Blitar since she was born but decided to wait until after she was 3 months old. Finally last long Christmas weekend we took an 8 o’clock flight to Malang (the nearest airport from Blitar). When I arrived at the airport, it was really packed there since it’s the holiday seasons. What I’m pissed off about is that obviously a lot of people in Indonesia don’t seemed to know the idea of queuing … me pushing a stroller obviously cannot do much with people who squeeze themselves in to the queue. Secondly I’m really pissed of at airport management for not providing an easy access for people with baby … hello … no one seemed to care whether the area is packed with people or there’s any baby around, they’re just smoking like there’s no tomorrow.

But … the trip is going uphill from then onward. The flight was only delayed for 30 min at the max (that’s really a good thing here in Indonesia!). The flight was not that bad and Raysa was sleepin all through the flight, she seemed to enjoy it. Except when we touched down she was a bit noisy, cause I think she poo … and she did!

Overall … I kinda enjoy the trip. I met both Grandmas and Grandmas and other extended families. I enjoyed knowing that they’re happy and excited to see Raysa and vice versa she’s also happy meeting her families as well. She rarely sleep when we were there, she spend her days laughing and playing with them.

Another reason why I enjoyed this trip is that I got to eat a lot of nice stuff, from gudeg, pecel punten, nasi goreng, soto Pak Haji and sate kambing Tulung Agung. All the nice beautiful food that I love…

Really … you never knew what you’ve got until its gone. I’ve always take it for granted every time my parents planning a trip to Blitar during the Ied, but this trip I’m really looking forward to it cause I was unable to go to Blitar during the Ied cause Raysa was just 1 months old.

No comments: