Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 06, 2006

The very first month

Everyone said to have a v goodnight sleep during my pregnancy because people said once the baby is there, the possibilities is v little that I will have a good sleep. I nod and forget … until the day I came home from the hospital. The sleepless night begun … scared that I might not get to her in time if I put her too far on her bed (which only 15 steps from my bed) I placed her on the rocking bed beside my bed where she’s only an arm length away from me.

The most valuable advice that I get during my first week of being a mom is that I should get some sleep as well when the baby is sleeping (thanks to my MIL). But placing her beside me turned out to have its own consequences. I couldn’t get the sleep that I needed (badly!) because whenever she snorts, moans or make a mere move I would open my eyes widely and start to check on her anxiously. Sometimes I feel too afraid to even close my eyes – what if … she’s hungry and needed milk, she pee or poo, she puke … and the list goes on. If she started to cry frantically I would place her beside me and R on our bed. But … as the weeks goes … I started to get used to of Raysa’s routine. I managed to get 1 or 2 hours nap in between her sleeps.

Yes being a parent is as exhausting and challenging as what other people said. But on the other hand it is exhilarating and exciting … seeing her smile is the best ecstasy that one could have. So in order to indulge the exhilarating and exciting side more than the exhaustion and challenge I would not passed on any help that I could have. In the morning, I would send her to my Mom’s room so I could have my nap. In the afternoon, when my Dad came home, he would carry her so I could have a bit of a rest or eat my dinner in peace.

In a month she has grown by 1 kg and 5 cm, she’s now weighted 3.45 kg and 50 cm long. She can now laugh with us whenever we’re smiling at her and get mad whenever we’re making a joke out of her. She started to make that “ooh” and “aah” and even “arghhhh”. She can grip my finger tightly whenever I placed it on her hands. She started to lift her head (abit) and move from one side of the pillow to the other. She will reject the offering of a bottle if she doesn’t like it by slapping the bottle and pushing it out of her moth. She kicked v hard and strong. She bites her lower lips and munches it. She put her thumb (and occasionally her whole fingers) on her mouth. And she started to grown out of her new born clothes.

I couldn’t believe that she’s now 1 month old … time flies …

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

malskihh.. raysa mirip sama elo! matanya itu lohhh..
haduh gue belom sempet ngeliat nihh.. kisses ya for raysa :X