Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The day I gave birth

Bloated, tired and havent got a decent sleep in a month … but … I feel v content. Why? Because now each and every single day I could see my gift from god, to me it is the divine answer from him and the true proof of (one of) his many miracles … imagine what else he could have done for us?

Finally, after 9 v long months on the morning of the 6th September I gave birth to a baby girl (as expected) at RSPI Operation Room (not the maternity ward). Why not the maternity ward? Because instead of having a normal labour I was having a c-section. From 1 and a half month before the due date, me and R already discussed the possibility of a c-section with the doctor. We were scouring our option with the delivery method, trying to have the best possible option for the what if? I suggest the 6th of September for the surgery date. Not until 2 weeks before the operation we book the room and fill in all the forms needed … yes, eventually c-section was chosen because according to all the what if question it felt like the best possible option.

I couldn’t say that I was in my best condition on the day of the surgery, I was extremely tired because I couldn’t have a good night sleep for almost 2 weeks because the baby was kicking frantically, keeping me awake for the rest of the night. But you could say I was v relaxed … the weekend before the surgery me and R went for lunch and dinner out plus a movie as well … it released all the tension from work and the up-coming surgery.

When I came to the maternity ward for my before-the-operation check up, it was pretty empty. I was held up for several minutes there because there’s a sign of contraction so they have to consult with the doctor first before returning me to my room. Thank god it was a false alarm.

The next morning, I was wheeled down to the OR just few minutes before subuh and still pretty much asleep. The anesthesiologist was a v sweet lady, she’s not that old but looked like she’s experienced a lot. A guy in a scrub hold my hand tight as she administered the epidural on my back, I felt a jolt of pain as the needle hit my back – I was always afraid of the needle BTW. I was trembling so much afterward, no I don’t believe it was because I was nervous – the OR was always so damn cold and the effect of the epidural make me tremble even worst. The nurse finally put another blanket to cover my body but frankly … it didn’t help much … but thank you for the effort though! Several minutes later I could hear the anesthesiologist announced the arrival of the doctor who will be assisting the operation … after that … I was deeply asleep. I didn’t remember anything from the operation.

Eventually it was exactly 05:41 AM, after 10 minutes of slicing and digging up my stomach the doctors finally deliver my baby girl to the world. Since I was extremely tired I was totally unconscious (shame on me!) on the operation table - where according to other people an epidural anesthetics were supposedly a local one – the nurse have to wake me up when she was taken out of my stomach. Dazed and confused, I saw her carried to my side, I was moved … I kissed her on the forehead and thank god for the chance he’s giving me – being a mother.

Her name is Raysa … a leader …


Baby Raysa, 3 days old

No comments: