Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 04, 2006

Lost in translation anyone?

For the last couple of days, I've been obsessed with this one web address that makes me clicking it over and over again. It's the saviour of my obsession of the world wide web! Although Internet has made it possible for you to get (almost) every information you need, but ... alas there's still that language barrier! Espescially all of those Korean/Japanese/Chinese site that never have english translation and always use their special characters ... they all make me mad!

Fear not ... now I found a superb solution for my web journey! Not an excellent translation but it will give you the flavour of the content of the site. For those who have the same problem with me the remedy for this problem would be translate.google.com ! Type in the site that you want to translate in the correct box, and choose the language that you want to translate from to English, click the button ... and voila you have the (funny) translation readily available for your eyes in an instant!

Although they only have few languages to translate from at the moment, but my 3 fave languages are there! Still the BETA version and for Chinese they only do simplified chinese, but am still happy. Now I can browse Korean/Japanese/Chinese site with no fear.

One less obstacle in life ...

BTW speaking of Google, the search engine has made it's way to the dictionary. If you said that you Google someone it means that you are searching for information about him/her off the web. Another new dictionary vocab would be Mouse Potato - as if in couch potato? It means someone that is stucked to his/her computer screen all day ...

No comments: