Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 17, 2006

The Pirates & Ikan Tude

Weekend was splendid... on Sat I went out with Mom and finally fulfilled my craving for a proper ikan tude. Not that I've never had one since the pregnancy, the street food near my office provide an ok rating of ikan tude. But the one in Restaurant Ikan Tude Manado in Jl. Blora is utterly delicious! This I can say because I was totally dissapointed with the ikan tude in Dabu Dabu - the sambal dabu & sambal itself are too sweet, and ikan tude in Beautika - too hot!

When the waitress first delivered our order I was taken aback by the serving size of the sambal dabu and the normal sambal, one whole meal plate! But the sambals were hipnotizing, we could not stop to reach for more eventhough we were sweating like hell and the hot flavour are really starting to bite the tongues. When we're finished, almost 2/3 of the sambals serving were gone... unbelivable!

After the chilli craze we went to Plaza Indonesia and Mom had a crazy episode of shopping in Zara and luckily I was saved by my big tummy. Nothing fit anyway and I thought it might be too long to actually wait for 6 months to wear sumtin I bought today. Nonetheless, C&K still makes me lemming for more shoes! I think I have an odd craving, shoes look more tempting than food during my pregnancy. So yeah people... I dont really have a food craving to die for. Partly because I knew most of my craving would be consisting of food that I used to love when I was in Melb. At the most, I can only get indomie rebus + telor and raspberry jam toast.

On Sun, me and hubby went to watch the Pirates of the Carribbean: Dead Man's Chest. As usual, Orlando Bloom was ... oh so charming! I love him as Legolas (luckily a trilogy, triple satisfaction!) and love him as Will Turner as well (yay my luck, another trilogy). Had dinner in Hanamasa where hubby went crazy and ate everything he can get his hands on! Me ... well since I cannot eat bbq, I'm stuck with the Shabu-shabu section!

No comments: