Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Postcard from the camp, 3rd day


Wake up early again for aerobic which is of course exhausting! I forgot that I can sweat this much, haven’t really had any proper exercise since I was pregnant. Bfast was great, had porridge with Chinese donut and sumtin that cooked like serabi but used coconut milk instead and they’re smaller in size. Actually come to think of it, its very similar with serabi Solo.

Went straight to Khao Kheaw open zoo which took about 1hr drive from the resort. If to compare it with Taman Safari, IMO the zoo is smaller in size and have less varieties of animals. You can take the door less tram though to go around the zoo, but there’s still some barrier between you and the animal. We make a stop in several places in which in two of them I take a picture with an animal that looked similar to skunk and the other one was my mom’s fave animals which is elephant. I never much of an animal person, I’m even afraid of the cat … so you get the point rite! So it took a huge leap of faith for me to actually take pictures with these animals.

At the end we watch a bird show and went around the zoo school which mostly exhibits the snakes & lizard family. I witnessed a small mouse waitin to be eaten by the snake, how horrible! I’m not a mouse fan but the mouse is so tiny and the snake was huge!

Have a chance to catch a ½ hours sleep after the trip and the dinner tonite is pretty formal where the servant served us all the food. We had so many things for dinner and all of them are delicious! After the dinner was the group performance, the topic revolves around the sustaining of our environment. Most of the shows are fun, funny, fresh and entertaining.

As a closing, the organizer turns off the light and every participant was holding a candle light and waving them in the air as they sang the ASEAN song. And of course taking pictures are in order! Vanity is very contagious!

Everyone were dancing and singing at the end. I was jumping all around and sweatin like hell. I’ve forgotten how fun dancing was. These boys & girls have reminded me of my own youthful days which that chapter of my life have already passed. Will update wif pictures later when I received them from the other participants.

So I guess this is the last nite of the camp?
* Photos, clockwise: 1. Me with whatshisname, 2. The elephants, 3. Manmade savannah land, 4. The baby leopard named ASEAN, 5. The view from the top, 6. Me with the big elephant

No comments: