Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 04, 2007

Finally sightseeing


After several days here, finally got the chance to go around Bangkok for sightseeing. Went to visit the huge Wat Pho with its famous extremely huge reclining Buddha. Afterward I went to the Royal Palace as well, which of course being the palace it is extremely huge and grand, in a very Siamese architectural way you can imagine. We have to walk around the palace to find the entrance gate, phew that was tiring.

Had lunch in MBK, nothing fancy just a fast food thing. Stroll around the MBK abit, its huge at around 5 floor with so many stuff to buy. Theres couple of shop that sell really good designer watches fake, they quote me for 2000 Baht, but I suspect they cost way cheaper than that. Good place to find some souvenirs as well, they have wide selections at the upper floor.

Head down back to the sport complex to pick up my luggage in the afternoon and transfering to Ibis for the rest of my stay in Bangkok. The Hotel is small but its really clean and minimalist, its right in the middle of the city. Most of the shopping centres are 15 min travelling distance (by car). Had dinner in overly huge newly renovated Central World, the Japanese food is not superb but its alrite.

What I liked the most about the place is that they house Zen department store in which they have every brand that you can think of, both clothing and cosmetic ... that you barely can afford. The first floor have every brand that you can think of, NARS, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, MAC, Stila, Philosophy, Origins, Lola, Shu, and the big one that you always find here. When I step foot at Zen I felt like I was dreamin. The only problem is that most of the SA doesnt speak english really fluently, so I'm really reluctant to asked for a makeover. God how would I know what they put in my face if I barely understand what the heck are they sayin!

Just realized that most of the stuff there is more expensive than in Indonesia. They have nice selection of shoes though in the department shoes. I wouldnt mind having few of them, if only I can afford them!

No comments: