Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 28, 2007

New people

I have know idea whats wrong with all of these new people in my office. First of all, they all call me Mbak or even worse Ibu! I know I always wear excessive make-up, but do I look that old to you to deserved to be called Ibu? I'm a Mom, I know, but an Ibu? I dont think so. The next thing is that there's only a handfull few that have the right to call me Mba, and even them only few years younger than me which Im sure not more than the sum of my left fingers. So please I let you to set the politeness aside and skip the Mba! When you are younger, you feel flattered if people think you are more mature than your age but when you are older and with one child I dont think it is as fun as it used to. We tend to prefer people to think that we looked younger and fresher. See ... women are complicated we tend to hope for the contrary.

Secondly, whats with the new person that I only met once on the induction that I ran into and said that I need to blow dry my hair or even better, suggest me to go to the hairdresser to let them do it for me. Oh,did you just rub on my new scar? The hairdresser that proudly stated that he once cut for Toni & Guy buthchered my hair a few weeks back. Am pretty sensitive about the topic! I only have time for one thing in the morning, its either the face or the hair ... hair seemed hopless and I felt naked without the make up. So I choose make up!

No comments: