Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Good morning Miss Moneypenny

I’m never much of a 007 fan that could tell you straight away the best line in a bond movie like R. But when I saw a book with the title The Moneypenny Diaries at Kinokuniya it certainly intrigue me cause I sure know who Miss Moneypenny is! I picked up the book and read the synopsis at the back of the book, which seemed interesting but since I still have so many unread book at my shelve I decided not to buy it.

But then when I visit Kinokuniya again during the 20% storewide discount I couldn’t help myself but to pick up the book.

From the beginning of the first page I couldn’t take my eyes from the book. It follows the story of Miss Moneypenny - Personal Secretary to Secret Service chief M and colleague and confidante of James Bond. The book followed all the storyline of Ian Flemming’s 007 series so its not too hard to catch up with all the fact. Plus the editor also gave a historical explanation of every event on the footnote.

It is kinda hard to tell whether the book is a fiction or a non-fiction because the editor relates the event on the book with an actual historical event. In addition instead of writing the author name, the book only said that it was edited by Kate Westbrook. It is explained on the beginning of the book that Kate was Miss Moneypenny nephew, she inherited Miss Moneypenny’s diaries when she died. It kind of make you wondered whether there is a real Miss Moneypenny don’t you?

Apparently this whole scheme was formulated by the publisher to make people wondering and therefore boost the selling of the book. Plus there are several issues escalating before the publishing of the book.

This months the second instalment of the trilogy is published and I cant wait for it to arrive on our shore and found out the next adventure of Miss Moneypenny.

No comments: