Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A nice injection of a Jap food

Went to the hospital today for the weekly check up, the doctor was late so Me & R decided to go for lunch first while waiting for the doctor to arrive. We check out the restaurant raw along pertokoan PI in front of the hospital, there's this one particular Japanese restaurant that caught my eye, Kaja - The Real Japanese Dining. So we went inside to look at the menu ...

First impression, no Indonesian, only Japanese housewives inside ... so this restaurant must be pretty good. Second impression, nice ambience and decoration - sleek and stylish. And lastly ... Oyakodon on the menu? With Japanese chef? Yes yes ... I want some ... Im dying for a nice Japanese meal. So we were taken to our seat by the waitress.

When my Oyakodon rice bowl arrive, I am very pleased because it looks very yummy and not a slight of dissapointment coming from me. I love food with egg, that's why I really love Oyakodon but eversince I'm in Jakarta, I never find a nice decent one. It's a chicken shimmer in a broth with whisked egg and onion. The egg looks very yummy because its blended well with the chicken, all the yellow and white mixed together along with the onion. The rice bowl was sprinkled with red & julienned ginger pickle. When I had my first bite, the taste was as good as its presentation. The egg comes really soft with trickling broth and the chicken is so yummy. The Onion ... it doesnt leave any bad aftertaste and smell, I particularly dont like the smell of onion on my food during pregnancy. And the ginger pickle complete the taste. I am completely happy today, all because of a good nice lunch.

After the lunch ... went back to the hospital and waited for about another 1 and a half hour. Overall the baby condition is good, the herartbeat is excellent but mommy had a low blood pressure so my doc suggested me to eat more meat and lamb to increase the blood pressure. Plus the doc is givin me injection for today and the next 2 days. The dilema is they have to give the shot on my ass because they said it works more effectively. I have sore ass afterward and for the next 2 days.

No comments: