Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 09, 2007

Water and Fire

In the world of rapid technology development do people still believe in horoscopes? According to the Chinese horoscopes I was born in the year of dog. Yesterday, a guy who designed my organization’s website brought to my attention that my daughter was also born in the year of dog. According to the Chinese horoscopes, same sign within a family means good luck. I don’t really believe in this sort of stuff, but if they say good luck, then I wish for good luck!

Out of curiosity, I found this website through Google explaining all about the year of dog. The characteristics of each horoscope is affected by the five Chinese elements of Metal, Water, Wood, Fire and Earth which overlaying a 5 year cycle of characteristics on the original 12 year cycle of the Chinese signs. I’m a water dog whereas my daughter is a fire dog.

The characteristics of a Fire Dog are:

“Fire Dogs are natural leaders. Fire Dogs are popular, charismatic people, always surrounded by a group of admirers. Not only admired for their vibrant personalities, these Dogs also possess a sexual attractiveness that makes them irresistible. These people are adventurous and vivacious, yet, honest and openhearted. However, because they are so active, they are generally not the settle down type.”

Is it just a coincidence that I named her Raysa, a leader, or is it fate?

I guess I did choose the right name for her.

No comments: